Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas 2007


Christmas 2007
Don't we look like a happy family out taking a picture on a foggy morning in Bakersfield!! It was a little cold the morning we meet at Hodels to have brunch with the Bloemhof Family. I love the years that we don't meet on the 25th because we all go to Hodels. They have great food and we have a relaxing time (aka we don't have to cook or clean up for 50plus people).
The week before Christmas just about killed me this year because of the way that christmas fell we had to be all ready the friday school got out...so between bible study & luncheon on Tuesday, Awana on Wed, shopping on Thursday, and School parties on Friday, Saturday all day with the Bloemhofs, Sundays normal rutine plus a big professional family picture for all the Bloemhofs on Sunday--(This is a gift for Ted and Lorraine's 50th wedding anniversary in January) Monday Christmas Eve--Baking and Chruch in the evening, back to my parents to have soup and zwieback, and wrapping presents until 12am, Tuesday Christmas....We opened presents in the morning then headed to My parents for the rest of the day... although I didn't make it the whole day there...I took Kyle home for a nap and we both slept quite a whileI was exhausted and coudn't keep my eyes open. I think I was up until 12am most nights that week!! I thought I was doing good on keeping the stress down and not over comitting but it all caught up with me that week. When it rains it pours!!! I have really enjoyed the last week though I have pretty much stayed home everyday and cleaned, done end of the year book keeping etc, and just played with the kids. One afternoon I rode with Mike to Visalia to pick up some sugar to make bee feed. It is always nice to go with him on a short errand. I do that every once in a while when he has to go pick something up. It keeps him company and we can visit with out the kids interrupting.

No comments: